- Have Health sector experience?
- Familiar with data driven organisations and importance of data quality?
- Full time, maximum term contract till 30 June 2021
- Courage - we have the courage to think and do things differently for a better future.
- Customer centricity - we meet the needs of our customers by listening, responding to feedback and adding value.
- Collaboration - we seek connections, share learnings and help each other succeed.
- Integrity - we are ethical, honest, transparent and open-minded.
- Accountability - we do what we say we will do.
- Minimum five years experience in research ethics, data governance, data management, or data policy areas.
- Exceptional conceptual and analytical skills enabling the resolution of complex issues and problems.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of advice, research and analysis of privacy, policy, legislative and ethical issues in the public and private sector.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in preparing high level correspondence for a wide range of audiences and in presenting detailed and complex information clearly and concisely.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative, unsupervised and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to prioritise competing tasks.
- High attention to detail.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline combined with significant experience within relevant environments such as health data, health policy, privacy, ethics, law and/or governance.
- Salary packaging
- WorkLife Balance days (available after an initial qualifying period)
- Extra leave during Christmas and New Year
- Flexible working arrangements
- Training and Professional Development opportunities
- Discounted health insurance
- Annual flu vaccinations
- Workplace banking program
- Employee assistance program
Research and Data Governance SpecialistSurry Hills NSW, Australia
Independent, evidence-based and not-for-profit, we help people make the best decisions about medicines and other medical choices to achieve better health and economic outcomes.
We provide consumers and health professionals with practical tools and information about medicines, health conditions and medical tests. Our vision is to be an innovative change leader, trusted for our objective, collaborative and evidence-based approach to medicines and other medical choices.
Who we’re looking for
We believe it's important to be excellent at what we do and to recognise the skills and experience we all bring. Together we create an energy that values these different skill sets. Our people are passionate about our mission and are invested in our values, so you should be too. We believe that cultural fit is essential to success. These are our values, and they influence how we work together and how we reward our people:
What you’ll be doing
In this role you will drive the Research Ethics and Data Governance function. Responsible for managing all aspects of research ethics and governance in relation to NPS’s health data, you will demonstrate sound advisory, analytical and policy skills to drive the function in promoting pragmatic, compliant, and community and industry sensitive solutions for the management of health data.
What you will need
What we offer
Help make Australia more medicinewise.
For a full position description which outlines the specific role requirements and to see why NPS MedicineWise is such a great place to work, please visit:
We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all our positions.
Contact: Peter Noble on (02) 8217 8636 for more information.
No agencies please.
You must be eligible to work in Australia. If you are successful for this role, you will be required to conduct pre-employment checks, including a Criminal History Check.
http://jobs.nps.org.au/position_description/779/Research Ethics and Data Governance Specialist - PD - Aug 2019.pdf
Category: Legal & Risk - Other
Reference ID: KC000059
Date Posted: 12/08/2019