Data Warehouse & Business Intelligence Lead
- Based in Sydney or Melbourne
- Full time, maximum term contract till 30 June 2022
Independent, evidence-based and not-for-profit, we help people make the best decisions about medicines and other medical choices to achieve better health and economic outcomes.
We provide consumers and health professionals with practical tools and information about medicines, health conditions and medical tests. Our vision is to be an innovative change leader, trusted for our objective, collaborative and evidence-based approach to medicines and other medical choices.
Who we’re looking for
We believe it's important to be excellent at what we do and to recognise the skills and experience we all bring. Together we create an energy that values these different skill sets. Our people are passionate about our mission and are invested in our values, so you should be too. We believe that cultural fit is essential to success. These are our values, and they influence how we work together and how we reward our people:
- Courage - we have the courage to think and do things differently for a better future.
- Customer centricity - we meet the needs of our customers by listening, responding to feedback and adding value.
- Collaboration - we seek connections, share learnings and help each other succeed.
- Integrity - we are ethical, honest, transparent and open-minded.
- Accountability - we do what we say we will do.
What you’ll be doing
Work with external technology partners and internal teams to provide the technologies, infrastructure, standards and capabilities to enable the NPS MedicineWise to connect up and deliver meaningful data and information for use in decisions made by consumers, prescribers, health professionals and policy makers.
What you will need
- Strong data warehouse knowledge and experience including source data analysis, data profiling, data quality management and master & reference data management and BI reporting skills.
- Demonstrable logical design experience with large scale, multiple business solutions across divisions or enterprise
- Experienced (5+ years) database and/or data warehouse data modelling and design, working on medium to large-sized systems.
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a team leader, with proven ability to develop and meet operational and budgetary objectives
- Highly motivated with product and project management skills
- Demonstrated experience in information technology in a similar environment
- Ability to foster a culture that encourages positive working relationships, a safe workplace, financial responsibility, innovation and productivity improvement.
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgement and provide leadership in professional standards and ethics
- Demonstrated ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent leadership, people management skills and the ability to develop staff capability
- High level relationship management skills including the ability to manage the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Proven ability to critically analyse problems and situations and recommend solutions
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and certifications.
- Qualification/experience in health informatics/providing IT solutions in a health related environment
- Sound understanding of the Australian health environment and systems
- Understanding of health systems and standards
- High level negotiation and influencing skills
- Experience (2+ years) with Data Vault Modelling (1.0, 2.0)
- Experience using JIRA, Confluence and GitHub.
- Microsoft SQL Server familiarity
- ETL development skills
- Experience in data visualisation
- Experience in data linkage
What we offer
- Salary packaging
- WorkLife Balance days (available after an initial qualifying period)
- Extra leave during Christmas and New Year
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted health insurance
- Annual flu vaccinations
- Workplace banking program
- Employee assistance program
Help make Australia more medicinewise.
For a full position description which outlines the specific role requirements, please visit:
We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all our positions.
No agencies please.
You must be eligible to work in Australia. If you are successful for this role, you will be required to conduct pre-employment checks, including a Criminal History Check.Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence Lead - PD - June 2021.pdf
Category: Information & Communication Technology - Management