- 2 positions available - 1 full time parental leave cover until October 2020 & 1 part time (3 days per week) max term contract until 30 June 2021
- Newcastle and Hunter region, NSW
- Applications close COB Monday 29th July
- Courage - we have the courage to think and do things differently for a better future.
- Customer centricity - we meet the needs of our customers by listening, responding to feedback and adding value.
- Collaboration - we seek connections, share learnings and help each other succeed.
- Integrity - we are ethical, honest, transparent and open-minded.
- Accountability - we do what we say we will do.
- Strong clinical background and experience e.g. General Practitioner, Pharmacist, Registered Nurse, Allied Health Professional, Pathologist, Radiologist
- Clinical and/or therapeutic competency.
- Sound critical appraisal skills
- Clear understanding of the principles of academic detailing and other behaviour change theories and practices
- Proven ability to apply analytical skills and take a proactive and solution focused approach
- Demonstrated capacity to adapt to changing priorities and ways of working and champion new approaches
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to persuade and influence
- Confident presentation skills and ability to present complex information in a concise and meaningful manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple responsibilities.
- Functional and safe home office set up
- Clean and valid driver's license.
- Salary packaging
- WorkLife Balance days (available after an initial qualifying period)
- Extra leave during Christmas and New Year
- Training and Professional Development opportunities
- Discounted health insurance
- Annual flu vaccinations
- Workplace banking program
- Employee assistance program
Educational VisitorNewcastle NSW, Australia
Independent, evidence-based and not-for-profit, we help people make the best decisions about medicines and other medical choices to achieve better health and economic outcomes.
We provide consumers and health professionals with practical tools and information about medicines, health conditions and medical tests. Our vision is to be an innovative change leader, trusted for our objective, collaborative and evidence-based approach to medicines and other medical choices.
Who we’re looking for
We believe it's important to be excellent at what we do and to recognise the skills and experience we all bring. Together we create an energy that values these different skill sets. Our people are passionate about our mission and are invested in our values, so you should be too. We believe that cultural fit is essential to success. These are our values, and they influence how we work together and how we reward our people:
What you’ll be doing
As an Educational Visitor, you will deliver our therapeutic and diagnostic interventions to targeted healthcare professionals. Programs are of varied duration and content but focus on delivering face-to-face behaviour change and data-assisted interventions on therapeutic areas including quality use of medicines and medical tests to a variety of audiences in the Newcastle/Hunter area. Your ability to build relationships will be a critical part of the role as you look for opportunities to enable NPS MedicineWise to expand its service offering.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with a variety of stakeholders to promote, implement and report on delivery of NPS MedicineWise clinical programs and services.
What you will need
…previous experience working with or in primary care, and a current AHPRA registration is a plus!
What we offer
Help make Australia more medicinewise.
For a full position description which outlines the specific role requirements and to see why NPS MedicineWise is such a great place to work, please visit:
We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all our positions.
Contact: Clare Delaney on 0438258871 for more information.
No agencies please.
You must be eligible to work in Australia. If you are successful for this role, you will be required to conduct pre-employment checks, including a Criminal History Check.
http://jobs.nps.org.au/position_description/779/Educational Visitor- PD- July 2019.pdf
Category: Healthcare & Medical - Educators & Facilitators
Reference ID: DA000204
Date Posted: 10/07/2019