- Provide expert information and cyber security advice in an information rich organisation
- Full time, maximum term contract until 30 June 2021
- CISM or CISSP certification (or working towards)
- Experience in implementing security control in AWS / Azure
- Exposure to ISO 27001 and ISO 31000
- Knowledge of Australian Privacy Principles and Data Breach Notification Scheme
- Exposure to vendor/supply chain risk assessments
- Broad knowledge of Information/Cyber Security including operational processes, technology and threats landscape.
- Understanding of and experience in design, development, testing and information/cyber security controls.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Experience developing and implementing policies and processes to support Information Security in a complex organisation
- Influencing skills
- Salary packaging
- WorkLife Balance days (available after an initial qualifying period)
- Extra leave during Christmas and New Year
- Flexible working arrangements
- Training and Professional Development opportunities
- Discounted health insurance
- Annual flu vaccinations
- Workplace banking program
- Employee assistance program
Information Security SpecialistSydney NSW, Australia
Independent, evidence-based and not-for-profit, we help people make the best decisions about medicines and other medical choices to achieve better health and economic outcomes.
We provide consumers and health professionals with practical tools and information about medicines, health conditions and medical tests. Our vision is to be an innovative change leader, trusted for our objective, collaborative and evidence-based approach to medicines and other medical choices.
Who we’re looking for
We believe it's important to be excellent at what we do and to recognise the skills and experience we all bring. Together we create an energy that values these different skill sets. Our people are passionate about our mission and are invested in our values, so you should be too. We believe that cultural fit is essential to success. These are our values, and they influence how we work together and how we reward our people:
Courage - we have the courage to think and do things differently for a better future.
Customer centricity - we meet the needs of our customers by listening, responding to feedback and adding value.
Collaboration - we seek connections, share learnings and help each other succeed.
Integrity - we are ethical, honest, transparent and open-minded.
Accountability - we do what we say we will do.
What you’ll be doing
We are an information rich organisation and we are the custodians of national health data sets that provide health insights to our customers. This role is responsible for providing information and cyber security advice to the business, managing and mitigating risk and ensuring the relevant controls are in place in accordance with industry standards.
With support, you will guide security control design and remediation efforts, consulting and collaborating with technical subject matter specialists where required.
What you will need
Some, but not necessarily all of the following:
What we offer
Help make Australia more medicinewise.
For a full position description which outlines the specific role requirements and to see why NPS MedicineWise is such a great place to work, please visit:
For your application to be considered, you must submit a cover letter addressing the criteria.
We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all our positions.
Contact: Lisa Schonstein at email@example.com for more information.
No agencies please.
IMPORTANT: You must be an Australian citizen to apply for this role, as it requires baseline security clearance post-commencement.
If you are successful for this role, you will be required to conduct pre-employment checks, including a Criminal History Check.
http://jobs.nps.org.au/position_description/779/Information security Specialist- PD-September 2018.pdf
Category: Information & Communication Technology - Security
Reference ID: DA000163
Date Posted: 22/11/2018