- Are you a strong communicator with great media and public relations experience?
- Do you have an understanding of health and medical issues?
- Full time, maximum term contract till 30 June 2021
- Great Surry Hills location - a short walk from Central station
- Courage - we have the courage to think and do things differently for a better future.
- Customer centricity - we meet the needs of our customers by listening, responding to feedback and adding value.
- Collaboration - we seek connections, share learnings and help each other succeed.
- Integrity - we are ethical, honest, transparent and open-minded.
- Accountability - we do what we say we will do.
- Proven high achiever in media relations, strategy and development with strong networks across Australian media
- Exceptional communications and writing skills and demonstrated ability to simplify complex messages for diverse audiences
- Experience in developing, implementing and evaluating innovative PR and communication strategies
- Experience in writing and commissioning unique content for different channels and audiences
- Experience in managing stakeholder relationships
- Excellent project management and time management skills
- Demonstrated team player with a strong and creative work ethic
- A degree in professional communications or other relevant field and at least 6 years’ experience in a relevant role.
- Salary packaging
- WorkLife Balance days (available after an initial qualifying period)
- Extra leave during Christmas and New Year
- Flexible working arrangements
- Training and Professional Development opportunities
- Discounted health insurance
- Annual flu vaccinations
- Workplace banking program
- Employee assistance program
Media & Communications AdviserSurry Hills NSW, Australia
Independent, evidence-based and not-for-profit, we provide consumers and health professionals with practical tools and information about medicines, health conditions and medical tests. Our vision is to be an innovative change leader, trusted for our objective, collaborative and evidence-based approach to medicines and other medical choices.
Who we’re looking for
We believe it's important to be excellent at what we do and to recognise the skills and experience we all bring. Our people are passionate about our mission and are invested in our values, so you should be too. We believe that cultural fit is essential to success. These are our values, and they influence how we work together and how we reward our people:
What you’ll be doing
As our Media & Communications Adviser, you will be responsible for developing and driving our media, PR and corporate communications strategies, optimising message delivery through media outlets, promoting NPS MedicineWise and our work, and strengthening our positive reputation as an authority on medicines and medical tests issues.
You can confidently manage the diverse needs of multiple stakeholders, both internal and external, and have strong project management skills. To be successful in this role you will need a proactive approach in working with all parts of NPS MedicineWise to simplify complex messages to meet audience needs and finding ways to reach audiences with impact in a changing communications environment.
Having an existing network of media contacts is a plus!
What you will need
What we offer
Help make Australia more medicinewise.
For a full position description which outlines the specific role requirements and to see why NPS MedicineWise is such a great place to work, please visit:
We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all our positions.
Contact: Stephanie Childs on (02) 8217 8733 for more information.
No agencies please.
You must be eligible to work in Australia. If you are successful for this role, you will be required to conduct pre-employment checks, including a Criminal History Check.
http://jobs.nps.org.au/position_description/779/Media and Comms Adviser - PD - October 2018.pdf
Category: Marketing & Communications - Public Relations & Corporate Affairs
Reference ID: KC000049
Date Posted: 11/10/2018