- Do you have experience in undertaking qualitative research?
- Lead the development, implementation, analysis and communication of qualitative research activities to enable the best decisions about medicines and health technologies
- Part time (4 days per week), 12 month contract
- Applications close: COB Friday 26th April
- Courage - we have the courage to think and do things differently for a better future.
- Customer centricity - we meet the needs of our customers by listening, responding to feedback and adding value.
- Collaboration - we seek connections, share learnings and help each other succeed.
- Integrity - we are ethical, honest, transparent and open-minded.
- Accountability - we do what we say we will do.
- Honours or Postgraduate qualifications in a health field (for example, medicine, laboratory sciences, public health, nursing or pharmacy).
- Experience in undertaking qualitative research, including in-depth interviews and qualitative analysis.
- An understanding of health services and an in-depth understanding of the principles of evidence-based practice.
- Experience in rigorously searching medical, pharmaceutical, and grey literature using common databases and best-practice methods.
- Excellent critical appraisal skills and ability to interpret clinical study results.
- Demonstrated relationship management skills including the ability to address the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to critically analyse problems and situations to recommend appropriate solutions.
- Strong organisational and project management skills.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as within a team.
- Demonstrated high level computer literacy including MS Office.
- Understanding of quality use of medicines and medical tests.
- Experience with NVivo or equivalent qualitative research software.
- Experience within the Australian, Canadian, or UK evidence-based medicine market or related health care sector (for example, government, academia, pharmaceutical industry).
- Experience in medical writing for health professionals and/or consumers.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Salary packaging
- WorkLife Balance days (available after an initial qualifying period)
- Extra leave during Christmas and New Year
- Flexible working arrangements
- Training and Professional Development opportunities
- Discounted health insurance
- Annual flu vaccinations
- Workplace banking program
- Employee assistance program
Qualitative Research OfficerSydney NSW, Australia
Independent, evidence-based and not-for-profit, we help people make the best decisions about medicines and other medical choices to achieve better health and economic outcomes.
We provide consumers and health professionals with practical tools and information about medicines, health conditions and medical tests. Our vision is to be an innovative change leader, trusted for our objective, collaborative and evidence-based approach to medicines and other medical choices.
Who we’re looking for
We believe it's important to be excellent at what we do and to recognise the skills and experience we all bring. Together we create an energy that values these different skill sets. Our people are passionate about our mission and are invested in our values, so you should be too. We believe that cultural fit is essential to success. These are our values, and they influence how we work together and how we reward our people:
What you’ll be doing
The Qualitative Research Officer is responsible for conducting qualitative research to inform the prioritisation, design and development of NPS MedicineWise national educational programs and other medicine and medical test initiatives. The research involves identifying, discussing, and synthesizing information from a wide range of sources into comprehensive reports and publications, including communicating those findings to key internal and external stakeholders.
What you will need
What we offer
Help make Australia more medicinewise.
For a full position description which outlines the specific role requirements and to see why NPS MedicineWise is such a great place to work, please visit:
We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all our positions.
Contact: Renee Granger on (02) 8217 8663 for more information.
No agencies please.
You must be eligible to work in Australia. If you are successful for this role, you will be required to conduct pre-employment checks, including a Criminal History Check.
http://jobs.nps.org.au/position_description/779/Qualitative Research Officer- Position Description- March 2019.pdf
Category: Healthcare & Medical - Research
Reference ID: DA000183
Date Posted: 08/04/2019