- This role is responsible for the design, development and implementation of epidemiological studies for the evaluation of NPS MedicineWise programs
- Part time (3 days per week), maximum term contract until 30 June 2021
- Great Surry Hills location
- Applications close: COB Sunday 12th May
- Courage - we have the courage to think and do things differently for a better future.
- Customer centricity - we meet the needs of our customers by listening, responding to feedback and adding value.
- Collaboration - we seek connections, share learnings and help each other succeed.
- Integrity - we are ethical, honest, transparent and open-minded.
- Accountability - we do what we say we will do.
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications in epidemiology, public health and/or biostatistics
- Excellent understanding of pharmaco-epidemiological and bio-statistical analysis methods
- Strong analytical skills
- Extensive experience using SPSS and SAS analytical software and TreeAge software
- Experience in interpreting and writing about statistical findings
- Experience in the analysis and interpretation of large complex health datasets including linked data
- Experience in conducting health economics studies
- Experience in epidemiological study design
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- Ability to independently solve problems and manage personal work priorities
- Confident presentation skills and ability to present complex information in a concise and meaningful manner
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication
- Demonstrated high level computer literacy
- Understanding of Australian health care system
- Salary packaging
- WorkLife Balance days (available after an initial qualifying period)
- Extra leave during Christmas and New Year
- Flexible working arrangements
- Training and Professional Development opportunities
- Discounted health insurance
- Annual flu vaccinations
- Workplace banking program
- Employee assistance program
Senior EpidemiologistSydney NSW, Australia
Independent, evidence-based and not-for-profit, we help people make the best decisions about medicines and other medical choices to achieve better health and economic outcomes.
We provide consumers and health professionals with practical tools and information about medicines, health conditions and medical tests. Our vision is to be an innovative change leader, trusted for our objective, collaborative and evidence-based approach to medicines and other medical choices.
Who we’re looking for
We believe it's important to be excellent at what we do and to recognise the skills and experience we all bring. Together we create an energy that values these different skill sets. Our people are passionate about our mission and are invested in our values, so you should be too. We believe that cultural fit is essential to success. These are our values, and they influence how we work together and how we reward our people:
What you’ll be doing
As a Senior Epidemiologist, you will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of epidemiological studies for the evaluation of NPS MedicineWise programs. This will include designing and conducting epidemiological studies including drug utilisation surveillance, health outcomes and economic studies, pharmaco-vigilance reporting and randomised controlled trials. Data sources include PBS and MBS data, longitudinal studies, GP data contained in MedicineInsight and other sources such as randomised controlled trials.
What you will need
What we offer
Help make Australia more medicine wise.
For a full position description which outlines the specific role requirements and to see why NPS MedicineWise is such a great place to work, please visit:
We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all our positions.
Contact: Suzanne Blogg on (02) 8217 8769 or 0437136661 for more information.
No agencies please.
You must be eligible to work in Australia. If you are successful for this role, you will be required to conduct pre-employment checks, including a Criminal History Check.
http://jobs.nps.org.au/position_description/779/Senior Epi- PD- APril 2019.pdf
Category: Healthcare & Medical - Epidemiology
Reference ID: DA000185
Date Posted: 09/04/2019