- Do you have experience in analysing complex health data?
- Do you have an understanding of key issues related to the safe, effective and appropriate use of medicines?
- Do you have an understanding of biostatistics and epidemiology?
- Full time, maximum term contract ending 30 June 2021
- Courage - we have the courage to think and do things differently for a better future.
- Customer centricity - we meet the needs of our customers by listening, responding to feedback and adding value.
- Collaboration - we seek connections, share learnings and help each other succeed.
- Integrity - we are ethical, honest, transparent and open-minded.
- Accountability - we do what we say we will do.
- Relevant graduate or postgraduate qualifications
- Experience in the analysis and interpretation of complex, quantitative data
- Strong analytical and SAS programming skills
- Experience implementing quality assurance processes to ensure product quality
- Ability to independently solve problems and manage personal work priorities
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills, including the delivery of formal documentation reporting analyses
- Experience communicating effectively with a variety of technical and non-technical audiences
- Salary packaging
- WorkLife Balance days (available after an initial qualifying period)
- Extra leave during Christmas and New Year
- Flexible working arrangements
- Training and Professional Development opportunities
- Discounted health insurance
- Annual flu vaccinations
- Workplace banking program
- Employee assistance program
Research Data AnalystSydney NSW, Australia
Applications close: 14 January 2019
Independent, evidence-based and not-for-profit, we help people make the best decisions about medicines and other medical choices to achieve better health and economic outcomes.
We provide consumers and health professionals with practical tools and information about medicines, health conditions and medical tests. Our vision is to be an innovative change leader, trusted for our objective, collaborative and evidence-based approach to medicines and other medical choices.
Who we’re looking for
We believe it's important to be excellent at what we do and to recognise the skills and experience we all bring. Together we create an energy that values these different skill sets. Our people are passionate about our mission and are invested in our values, so you should be too. We believe that cultural fit is essential to success. These are our values, and they influence how we work together and how we reward our people:
What you’ll be doing
You will be working with a team of Epidemiologists and Biostatisticians to support the production of a range of reports utilizing MedicineInsight data. MedicineInsight is a large general practice dataset that consists of monthly longitudinal, de-identified, whole-of-practice data extracted from the clinical information systems of consenting general practices across Australia. As participation in MedicineInsight increases, and as the data are continuously improved, this will become an increasingly valuable source of information to inform primary healthcare, policy and planning in Australia.
Your focus will be on understanding, cleaning and analyzing routinely collected health data for comprehensive epidemiological reports for a growing range of internal and external stakeholders. You will be adapting established methods and developing novel methods to address emerging health policy and practice problems. As you will be working on multiple and complex projects with tight timeframes to deliver emerging business opportunities and support contract deliverables, you will need to be proactive and solutions-focused.
What you will need
What we offer
Help make Australia more medicinewise.
For a full position description which outlines the specific role requirements and to see why NPS MedicineWise is such a great place to work, please visit:
We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all our positions.
Contact: Kendal Chidwick on (02) 8217 8620 for more information.
No agencies please.
You must be eligible to work in Australia. If you are successful for this role, you will be required to conduct pre-employment checks, including a Criminal History Check.
http://jobs.nps.org.au/position_description/779/Research Data Analyst - PD - Nov 2018v3.pdf
Category: Healthcare & Medical - Research
Reference ID: DA000171
Date Posted: 14/12/2018